Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes...


 5 parks in 2 days.
It can be done if you know what your doing. And when it comes to Disney World and Universal Studios, I know what I'm doing :-)
 
Photo of The Doctor and BewitchedRaven with Wreck It Ralph and Vanellope at Disney's Epcot


I must start off by saying how bless I am to have the friends that I do. It is only through the kindness of those friends that this trip was possible from the start.
Free park passes, a place to crash, and backstage access made this one of the greatest trips to Orlando I have ever taken!
Photo with Metric Jack, The Doctor, and BewitchedRaven at Universal Studios Harry Potter World
Day one consisted of Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
We got to venture into the land of dinosaurs, the world of comics, and a land of magic. We fought mummies, shot aliens, saved ET and lived to tell the tales.

The Universal parks have always held a dear place in my heart. They do a wonderful job of appealing to those both young and old. Our group consisted of a range of those who love the thrill rides, to those who prefer to keep things calm. Such a range of preferences can often upset a vacation, but not at Universal.
However, I have to say, that Butterbeer is the one thing that everyone loves to partake in.
A wonderful day with wonderful friends.
Oh, and we got our picture taken with Spiderman!

Metric Jack, Jynxie, BewitchedRaven, Anna, and The Doctor with Spiderman at Islands of Adventure

Day two at Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and the Magic Kingdom

This day was amazing, and long at the same time. Park time was 9 am to midnight. That means we spent 15 hours in the parks!!! Although I was exhausted (and my feet and legs were killing me) I cannot imagine anywhere else I would want to be.

We got to star our day at Hollywood Studios (or MGM studios as I prefer to call it)
This meant more Star Wars than I could handle (and yet, not enough, never enough Star Wars)
After riding the ride, and watching the Jedi Training Academy, we were invited backstage.
Not only did we get some amazing pictures, and a free signed light saber, but (and this is the most exciting for me) We got to meet Jedi Master Cal Ma Ray Zaa

Metric Jack, BewitchedRaven, The Doctor, and Zarin with Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, Darth  Maul, Padawans,  Jedi Knight, and Jedi Master Cal Ma Ray Zaa


Jedi Master Cal Ma Ray Zaa is the first Official Star Wars, Lucas approved, speaking female Jedi Master. This woman was so empowering to meet. She is so confidant, kind, and skilled. Everything you would expect a Jedi Master to be.
We were told how ever aspect of the Star Wars attractions and shows at Disney must go through extensive review and approval by Lucas himself.  This gives me so much more respect for this area of the park.

Light Saber signed by Darth Vader, Darth Maul,  and Jedi Master Cal Ma Ray Zaa
We got to journey through the world at Epcot, even stopping to eat in China.

Our trip ended in the heart of magic itself, the Magic Kingdom.
The new Fantasyland has partially opened, which I very exciting.. I cannot wait for the Snow White area to be completed and opened as well! For now we got to venture into the worlds of Beauty and the Beast and well as The Little Mermaid. 
However, even with all the new expansions, my favorite ride and area in all of Walt Disney World has been, and always will be The Haunted Mansion.
BewitchedRaven


I love being young at heart. I have ventured through the lands of Disney and Universal my whole life.
Every visit reminds me of being a kid again. It will always be a place I love, and would suggest everyone make a trip there at least once in their lives.

Be sure you see the world through the eyes of a child at least once a day.
Your life will grow in value if you can.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment