Thursday, March 14, 2013

Adventures at MomoCon

This past weekend I had the joy of attending MomoCon!
This con is an Animation and Gaming convention located in Atlanta, GA (my home!)

I had such a fun time at this convention, however the week leading up to it was CRAZY!!!

I knew from the start that I would be bringing two new Cosplays. Lady Rainicorn from Adventure Time, and Trixie from My Little Pony. However I didn't anticipate having as many road bumps as I did.
Trixie from My Little Pony

Lady Rainicorn from Adventure Time
First off I need to thank The Doctor for putting in hours of work on my awesome Alicorn Amulet staff. It turned out amazing!
Alicorn Amulet Staff
I was unable to attend the con on Friday due to work and finishing up costumes. The first version of my Lady Rainicorn costumes didn't come out quite as I had pictured in my head, so friday night I decided to redo most of the outfit.

Most people think I'm crazy for this, but I just didn't feel right about the costume.
however I'm really happy with the final result!
Photographer: Tobias Roybal Photography
I had a blast on saturday gallivanting around with my Adventure Time gang, which consisted of The Doctor as Lord Monochromicorn and Metric Jack as Marshall Lee!
Photographer: Tobias Roybal Photography
I got to also hang with my friend Ashley over at Corsair's Boutique while she worked in the dealers room!

Saturday night we changed things up so we could PARTY!
I got to TARDIS up with The Doctor, while my friends pulled out their Ponies!
The Doctor and BewitchedRaven
Photographer: JB Photogrpahy
Fluttershy: Flutterworks
Pinkie Pie: Mary Lou Who?
Spike: Metric Jack
Rarity: Holly
AppleJack: Allison
Sadly I was unable to attend the con on Sunday, and therefore unable to show off my new Trixie cosplay!
Partying saturday hit me a little harder than I had thought, and the combination of work and too little sleep finally caught up with me.
But never fear, cause Trixie will make her appearance at MTAC in just a few weeks!

All around MomoCon was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed all the people I got meet, and all the cool cosplays I got to see.
Next year I will have to take some time off work to help prepare me for the fun ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment